The time has come. Let’s look at the highlights from my trip to “The Sunshine State.”
1. Leading up to the trip, I was freaking out due to the constant rain in Florida. I knew my family desperately needed a vacation and didn’t want anything to go wrong. Praise Jesus hallelujah!!! It barely sprinkled while we were there.
2. For the first time in my life, I got to stay in a resort. The experience was not perfect, but overall it was really nice and relaxing.
3. Me and my brother love to swim. Unfortunately, we do not own a pool or live near a pool. It felt great to have a pool nearby for 7 days. The hot tub was the cherry on top, especially after walking all day at Disney World. ;)
4. My family ate at Freddy’s and Shake Shack for the first time, two places that have delicious burgers and to die for frozen custard.
5. Staying with the theme of food, we also ate Brazilian food at Gilson’s Brazilian Restaurant. YUM!
6. Seeing Disney World for the first time was pretty special. I rode/visited the following attractions:
• Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Magic Kingdom)
• Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin (Magic Kingdom)
• Kali River Rapids (Animal Kingdom)
• Kilimanjaro Safaris (Animal Kingdom)
• Pirates of the Caribbean (Magic Kingdom
• Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (Magic Kingdom)
• Swiss Family Treehouse (Magic Kingdom)
• The Magic Carpets of Aladdin (Magic Kingdom)
• World Showcase (Epcot)
7. Hearing foreign accents and languages for 3 days straight was music to my ears.
8. While in Hollywood Studios, I noticed a group of kids lining up to meet a Disney Junior character. Thinking of my niece, I walked over to see who the character was. I was so excited to discover it was Doc McStuffins. I immediately recorded a video and sent it to my sister so she could show my niece. Hearing that my niece was watching the video over and over again made my day. :)
9. My family has endured a lot over the past three years. Finally being together, relaxing, and laughing, the experience is indescribable. My heart was and is very happy and satisfied. <3
10. Last but definitely not least, this is the highlight of my year. Mom, John, and Lauren are standing at the entrance of Reebok waiting for dad to make a purchase. A man walks in looking for a friend. He yells “Marco!” Mom promptly yells back “Polo!”
Are you done laughing??? I’m not!!! We had to walk out of the store because we were laughing so loud.
I hope you enjoyed this 3-part series about my first trip to Orlando, Florida. I have one more Disney-themed post coming your way so keep an eye out for that.
Check out my first Disney World Vlog:
Subscribe to my blog to receive email notifications, and check out my other links listed below.
– Lauren Michele <3
Sign Up For MyWebRoom: http://9nl.me/LaurenMichele
Lauren Michele’s MyWebRoom: http://www.mywebroom.com/room/laurenmicheleonline/#